The D Space is a common area for teaching and learning, featuring comfortable couches, rolling white boards, and plenty of space to flex your collaboration muscles!
We encourage students and faculty to rent out the D Space for events and projects. We want you and your guests to have a great time in our awesome space and have developed the following guidelines to help us share the space effectively.
Event hosts should be familiar with and adhere to the following shared space ground-rules when using or working in the DLC Design Sp@ce so that our campus community and friends can continue to enjoy and benefit from the Space:
- Orient yourselves Prior to your event you are responsible for scheduling a time to review available resources (tables, chairs, sofas, whiteboards, proto-typing materials), technology (LCD TVs, computers, Apple TV) with a DLC graduate assistant. E-mail us at email@example.com to schedule a pre-event orientation walk through.
- Check-in with Security Design Sp@ce reservation contact persons or event host should check-in in-person with Campus Security (office next to the Admissions Adobe) with your official identification, you may call ahead to let Security know that you are coming. MIIS Security is available by phone at 831-647-4153.
- Breathe Clean Air Smoking is not permitted at any time inside campus buildings, and our living ‘green balcony’ would not appreciate it.
- Be Mindful Food and drinks should not be consumed on or around couches – please use available tables, be mindful of spills, and clean up after yourselves.
- Mind the Front Door Keep the Calle Principal entrance to the DLC closed to street traffic and notify MIIS Campus Security if you plan to leave the D Sp@ce unattended at any time.
- Reset Yourself You and your guests are expected to “re-set” or straighten up the D Sp@ce after your event is finished. This means that you return tables, chairs, furniture, whiteboards and other resources back where you found them.
- Tidy the Kitchen Additionally, if D Sp@ce refrigerator or kitchenware was used, you should remove all left over items as well as rinse and place all kitchenware into the dishwasher for cleaning. Dishwasher use directions are available in the downstairs kitchen.
- Check-Out Lastly, the reservation contact person or event host must check out with Campus Security by calling 647-4153.
DLC staff will follow up with the designated D Sp@ce reservation contact persons. Hosts who do not honor our share space guidelines will not be permitted to use the Sp@ce again.