Use the following 5-step process to make a one-on-one appointment with a team member in the DLC or to reserve a recording booth.
- We have grouped our areas of service in the DLC into 2 main categories. Please pick the one that best encompasses your need.
DLC Consultations—Choose this category for one-on-one help with our staff in the DLC. You can make appointments for help with Instructional Technology, Audio & Video recording and editing, Presentation & Graphic Design software, and Blogging & Web Tools.
Other DLC Requests—Choose this category to reserve a recording booth, sign up for a DSp@ce Orientation, and for additional help that doesn’t fit in any of the other categories.
- Choose the service that best describes what you are looking for.
- When choosing who to work with pay special attention to the specific skills and software listed, to ensure that you choose the best fit for your needs. In the case of reserving a recording booth, keep in mind that it’s usually easiest to start and finish a project in the same booth.
- This displays a calendar that is specific to your chosen “employee.” You may have to go back a step and try to book with someone else if you cannot find a suitable time. If you would like to schedule more than 30 minutes, you can book two appointments back-to-back.
- Please explain as much as you can about the service you’re requesting. This will help us prepare to assist you as much as possible. After booking, you will receive an email confirmation with the details of your appointment.
If you want to schedule an appointment with a full-time staff member—Bob Cole (firstname.lastname@example.org), Evelyn Helminen (email@example.com), or Melissa Jennings (firstname.lastname@example.org), and cannot find availability using this system, you can email them directly to set up a custom appointment.