Using Creative Commons for Photos
- Uncheck “use for commercial purposes”
- For photos, choose “Wikimedia Commons” or “Flickr”
- Type in the search term
- In Flickr, after choosing a photo, click on the 3 circles that look like “…” for the option to download. Try to choose the same file size type every time and make sure it is the medium or bigger size photo (do not choose small or square).
- In Wikimedia, after choosing a photo, click on download all sizes in the right hand corner of the photo. Again, choose the same file size type every time and go with the bigger size photos.
- Make sure to attribute the source and author of your images.
Two other quick points:
- All photos should be good to use in terms of copyright.
- Any photos that you find on a .gov site are good to use with no restrictions, so this is another place to search.
Also add links to other free photos sites.