We accept both drop-ins and appointments. We will do our best to accommodate you, based on your need and level of expertise.
You are encouraged to visit the DLC during drop in hours held Monday-Friday from 12-5 pm. In these windows, GAs and staff will be on hand to field questions and assist with projects in a number of areas including:
- Photo Editing (basic editing in simple editors and/or Photoshop)
- Video Editing (iMovie or YouTube Editor)
- Audio Recording and Editing (Garage Band, Audacity, Camtasia)
- Data Analysis (primarily using Excel)
- Blogging (focused on sites.miis.edu and other WordPress platforms)
- Design Thinking
- Educational Technology (Moodle, CourseHub)
All DLC team members will be able to provide basic support on all of these topics. Just look for anyone wearing a name tag or lanyard – we are all happy to help!
Our computers are also available on a first-come, first-served basis. They run both MAC and PC operating systems. They are all connected to the Internet and loaded with applications such as: Adobe Photoshop & Indesign, iMovie, Garage Band, Camtasia, Keynote, Audacity, Prezi, Word, Excel, and more. You are welcome to use these computers to practice a particular software or work independently on a project.
Make an appointment if you prefer dedicated one-on-one time with someone who has expertise in your area of need. Click here to access the appointment form.