Participants will be lodged at the Jacaranda Hotel starting Monday, June 1 (the night before the start of the training) with check-out on Friday, June 12 (the day after the program ends).
Each participant will have his or her own bed and be grouped by gender with one other roommate.
Group Transportation Between Hotel and Training Site
It is approximately a 10-15 minute commute from the Jacaranda Hotel to the training location at Aga Khan University. View commute on map. All participants will be shuttled between the hotel and Aga Khan through a transportation agency arranged by the program.
Read reviews of the Jacaranda Hotel on Trip Advisor.
Breakfast will be provided at the hotel each day. Lunch will be provided at Aga Khan on the days when the training is in session.
Participants will be on their own for dinners during the rest of the training and on the weekend.
The program is sponsoring the following dinners:
-Welcome Dinner June 1 at Jacaranda at 6pm
-Alumni Event at Open House Indian Restaurant on June 9
-Closing Dinner at Mediterraneo or Sankara at 6:30pm on June 10
Non-local participants should go to dinner in a group of 2 or more and use a trusted taxi company like Benson which can be reached at +254 (0)723 100 225.
- Jacaranda Hotel- Restaurant serves all meals
- Sankara Hotel (next door to Jacaranda)- Rooftop bar & 1st Floor Restaurant, East Asian Cuisine
- Open House- Ring Road Parklands, Indian Cuisine
- Haandi- Westlands Mall, across the street from Open House, Indian Cuisine
- Mediterraneo- 9 West Building where DPMI is taking place, Italian Cuisine
- Java House- Sarit Center across the street from 9 West, Cafe/American Cuisine
- Art Caffe- Westlands Oval Building
- Ocean’s Basket- Westlands Oval Building, South African Seafood
- Furusato- Ring Road Parklands, Japanese Cuisine
- Temaris- General Mathenge Road, Lebanese Cuisine
- About Thyme- Peponi Road, European Cuisine
- Naked Pizza- www.nakedpizza.co.ke
- 360 Pizza- www.360degreespizza.com (Upscale pizzeria)
- Hello Food – www.hellofood.co.ke (Multiple restaurants, one near Westlands is recommended)
- Most restaurants in the previous list also deliver
- Nakumatt Ukay- Mwanzi Road
Transportation and entry fees for a day-long Saturday excursion will be provided. We will also have a Sunday excursion that you can pay for individually. Sunday meals are not included.
6:20am- 10am – Nairobi Park Tour
1100hrs-1200hrs: Visit the David Sheldrick Elephant orphanage, where young orphaned elephants are brought after being rescued and fed till they are mature to be released to the wild.
12:30 -13:30hrs: Visit the Giraffe Centre where you feed the friendly Rothchilds Giraffe. They accept a kiss as they pick their food from your palms!
14:00-15:00 hrs: You break for lunch at the Utamaduni -Verandah restaurant. Some shopping around. The Restaurant is at the Bomas Of Kenya.
15:00-17:00hrs: Visit the Karen Blixen museum, the house in the movie out of Africa. Visit the kazuri beads enroute.
1500hrs -1700hrs Visit Bomas Of Kenya – Nairobi Tribal Toura Place named a tourist village in Langata, Nairobi. Bomas (homesteads) displays traditional villages belonging to the several Kenyan tribes. enjoy local tradition dances and acrobats and clients join as well in celebration local culture !
17:30: drop at Jacaranda.
(Below) Image of the Jacaranda Hotel
Looking for Special Events? Check-out these sources?