ESL Success Story: Indira Citra

Indira SmallI was born in Jakarta, Indonesia. I used to speak in English with my friends in Jakarta. My extroverted personality helped me with my oral abilities in English. In July 2007, World Disney Co. recruited me to work a year in Disney Animal Kingdom as the Indonesian Cultural Representative. Working in Disney Animal Kingdom helped me become more fluent in English. But I wanted to use English not just for oral communication but also for academic purposes. This is where I found my weakness. I also needed to improve my grammar. I joined the ESL program at the Monterey Institute so I could get more help to improve my English for academic purposes. I also wanted to pass the TOEFL test so I could join an American college. I took the TOEFL during my ESL program and I passed the test with good scores. Right now, I am enrolled in the pre-nursing program at Monterey Peninsula College. I have no trouble understanding the content and assignments. Plus, I am looking forward to finishing my course and becoming a nurse!

1 Response

1. Brice Rios says:

This is great! Thank you for sharing this informative blog.