From the Beginning…

09299CDD-44B5-4914-93EE-C37D3BC3160D_mw1024_s_n

I don’t like writing introductions. Especially at the beginning. So, for now, it suffices to say the following:

I am a graduate student in my last semester of graduate school at the newly renamed Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey (Formerly the Monterey Institute of International Studies, a Graduate School of Middlebury College – I know, they’re both kinda ridiculous names). I have two great passions in life so far (in no particular order): (1) Sandwiches, and (2) Nuclear Nonproliferation. As such (I life the phrase as such!), I have chosen to pursue one of those passions during my final semester of graduate school by interning at the International Atomic Energy Agency, or IAEA, in Vienna, Austria. In case you aren’t familiar with the IAEA (or haven’t tried what they call sandwiches in Vienna), then let me explain that it is often considered the “World’s Nuclear Watchdog” and one of the most important aspects of the Nuclear Nonproliferation Regime. I will be working here for the next 4.5 – ??? months, and during that time, I hope to learn a lot more about nuclear nonproliferation. I also hope to learn why the Austrians can’t put another piece of bread on their sandwiches. Somewhere in between, I’ll probably talk about life in Vienna, my love of the conjunction “As Such”, and anything else that comes to mind.

Feel free to comment or ask questions as they come to you. Maybe it’ll give me some more direction to my ranting. Perhaps, even sometime towards the end, I’ll finally get around to writing the beginning. Enjoy – Every Wich Way.