The Missing Blog is seeking a remote volunteer
The Missing Blog (missingblog.net) is a blog dedicated to the aggregation and dissemination of news and information about enforced disappearance and missing persons. As we increase our efforts we hope to build a community of activists engaged on the issue of disappearance, and need extra help to accomplish this goal. We are seeking a part time volunteer for a few hours each week to gather content for the blog and work on a few side projects including prospect research and developing a database of contacts.
In working for us you would gain exposure to human rights work and the opportunity to publish on a blog with a growing reach. We envisage this could offer valuable experience for someone seeking to further a career linked to human rights or transitional justice, including exposure on an international platform, a chance to engage meaningfully on the issue of enforced disappearance while networking with other like-minded people, and gaining a reference for future jobs or scholarships. The successful candidate will:
- Have an excellent command of English (other languages such as French and Spanish a plus)
- Be fluent in the use of social media
- Be able to devote at up to half a day per week to work on the blog, and commit to the role for at least one year
- Be patient and diplomatic, particularly when dealing with external contacts
- Be interested in the issue of enforced disappearance (Some experience with enforced disappearances or related human rights work a plus, but not required)
To apply please send a brief writing sample and a few paragraphs about why you’re interested in this opportunity as well as your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.