Monday, August 25th, 2014...12:06 pm
Research Fellowship with Institute for Economics & Peace
The Institute for Economics and Peace is searching for a full-time Research Fellow to join their research team at their headquarters in Sydney, Australia. Click here to download full position description.
A Research Fellow will conduct research on topics related to the Global Peace Index, peace economics, development studies and peace and conflict studies.
Application Deadline: August 28th, 2014
1. Master’s degree (PhD an advantage) in a combination of economics and/or statistics, international
relations or other social sciences discipline.
2. Minimum of three to five years professional experience conducting empirical research and
quantitative data analysis specifically related to a combination of social sciences, development
studies, economics, statistics and peace and conflict studies.
3. Experience working with governmental and non-governmental organisations (NGOs) on peace
economics, peace and conflict studies, and international development issues.
4. Experience handling large datasets and knowledge of R, SPSS, STATA, and other related econometric
packages is required. Ability to write code for R, SPSS or STATA and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
5. Track record of demonstrable analytical and data visualisation skills.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Competence to undertake research assignments
and project manage teams with minimal supervision.
Applications to: CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria and desired personal qualities to Lucie
Paleckova on email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 28 August, 2014
Website: www.economicsandpeace.org, www.visionofhumanity.org