Advisor Edy Rhodes and Professor Lynn Goldstein have been working with Fullbright Taiwan on this new opportunity. They’re looking for candidates from MIIS inparticular, so check it out! The full description is posed on Zocalo.
Opportunity to spend 11 months as Academic Advisors with the Fulbright English Teaching Assistants (ETA). You will work with Taiwanese Local English Teachers (LETs) on orientations, workshops, reports, teaching observations and consultations. Possibility to participate in the The Foundation for Scholarly Exchange (FSE) Research Group on “The Impact of International Exchange and Language Learning.” You must have had 2 years of teaching experience and your Master’s degree by the time you start the assignment. Duration of grant is normally 11 months starting August 1, 2013. Renewal might be considered.
2 awards – monthly stipend of NT$60000-NT$80000
(Commensurate with the educational degree and qualifications of the grantee)
Direct flight, round-trip economy-class air ticket
Travel reimbursement for the transportation costs incurred in traveling between location
Hotel accommodation reimbursement up to NT$2000 per night due to business travel between location.
Submit the following required documents to Zocalo through our On Campus Recruiting (OCR) Fulbright Foundation of Scholarly Exchange by March 17, 2013, midnight
– A statement of purpose in English for teacher training & research
– English CV (with your cell phone number or easy-to-be contacted number) and email address.
Only the finalists or top candidates for this position will be required to provide the following:
- Academic transcripts and degree certification (if you are in your final semester you can have a letter submitted by Edy Rhodes, your Academic Advisor that you are in good academic standing and anticipate graduating successfully in May 2013. You will then need to supply a letter from Records once your grades are submitted and processed in June 2013).
- Copy of R.O.C. ID card or the copy of passport of other English speaking countries
1. In late March, A Selection Committee reviews application documents.
2. Some candidates will have Skype interviews.
3. Candidates will then normally be notified by April 1.
MIIS Contact Edy Rhodes
ETA Taiwan Contact person:
Ms. Kelly Chang
The Foundation for Scholarly Exchange
2F, 45 Yanping South Road
Taipei 10043, Taiwan