As part of my duties here in Nicaragua, I have assumed the responsibility of being the team chef. Soooo, from time to time I will be uploading my off-the-cuff recipes. That said, here is today’s lunch, Filete de Pescado a la Hansen:
What you need (for four-ish people):
- Two fillets of some kind of white fish
- Mushrooms (button, I guess)
- Put some salt and pepper on both sides of the fish
- Heat a bunch of butter up in a pan
- Cook the fish at medium-high heat for about four minutes per side
- Remove the fish and set aside
- Put some minced garlic in the pan and saute it
- Toss a bit of flour in the pan to thicken up the butter
- Lower the heat to medium-low
- Put some sliced mushrooms in the pan
- Almost immediately after that, put a decent amount of cream, some sliced scallions and a small handful of capers in the pan.
- Heat the mixture up a reasonable amount, but don’t burn it!
- Remove from the heat and pour over the fish.
- If you made rice, use the rest of the sauce on the rice like a curry
This is a good meal to have if you feel like having a hunk of lead in your belly that will keep you filled for many hours.