How do I activate my @miis.edu email account?
To activate your email account, you must first have your Bannerweb ID (student or employee ID) and password. If you’ve never accessed Bannerweb, the password is initialized to your date of birth (MMDDYY). If you are a work-study student, use the same Bannerweb ID and password to log into the activation site, as you do with the BannerWeb site.
Employees can get their ID by contacting the HR office at 831-647-3536. Students should contact the Records office at 831-647-4121 if they have not already received their BannerWeb ID at their home email address.
If you have forgotten your BannerWeb password, you can contact the ITS Help Desk to reset your BannerWeb password at 831-647-6656. If you are a MIIS employee the HR office can also help you reset your BannerWeb password.
Once you have obtained your Bannerweb ID and password you can activate your network account using the following steps:
- Go to http://go.middlebury.edu/activate.
- Log in with your Banner id and password.
- Read and agree to the Agreement Statement.
- A page displays which allows you to set a password. Near the top you’ll see your account name in RED. Write this down! Pay close attention to the requirements for a password then create a password. Write this down too and store in a safe place!
- Click Continue. A confirmation page should be displayed.
Now that your email account is active you can log into it at