This post contains step-by-step instructions on how to enter employers, contacts, jobs, internships and fellowships into Zócalo. This post was written for staff and graduate assistants with Manager access to the Zócalo system.
- Go to: https://miis-csm.symplicity.com/manager/;
- Enter your username and password (please remember to change your default password after your account has been set up under the My Account link on the left-hand toolbar!)
Before You Post:
- On the left-hand side bar, click on “Job Postings;”
- Search for the position using the “Keyword” field to ensure that it has not already been posted;
- Next, go to the “Employers” section. Search for the Employer, again using the “Keyword” field, to check whether the organization/company is already in the system;
- If the employer is not already in the database, please add it using the guidelines below. Otherwise, skip to Entering Job Postings.
To Enter Employers (check out the Protocols post for further guidelines):
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and click “Add New;”
- In the “Organization” field, enter the name of the organization. Keep in mind the protocol listed below;
- Fill out the “Employer Sector,” “Website,” “Industry” and “Overview” fields as best you can, so that it’s easier for students to find employers and positions based on keyword searches. Please ask us if you have questions on these fields. Overview information can be copied and pasted from the “About Us” or similarly labeled section of an organization’s website. The last three fields are on the “Profile” tab- you will need to click “Save” on the Main tab before clicking on the Profile tab;
- Click “Submit.”
Entering Job Postings:
- On the left-hand side bar, click “Job Postings.” To enter the new job posting, scroll down and click on “Add New;”
- Start with the “Organization” field. You’ll note that this field actually contains three sub-fields. Type part or all of the organization’s name into the third subfield, entitled “Keyword,” and click “Go.” This should bring up the name of the organization in the first sub-field, a drop down menu. Select the organization name;
- Fill out all other fields as completely as possible;
- If the deadline is not available in the job description, please post it with an end date of 90 DAYS FROM THE POSTING DATE. Please also add a disclaimer at the end of the position description field that states, “NOTICE: Job Posting Expiration Dates: When an employer does not provide an expiration date on a particular job posting, we arbitrarily set each listing to expire 90 days from the date the position is listed in Zócalo. This prevents Zócalo from becoming a holding place for long expired jobs. However, the actual expiration date may be earlier or later. Should you have any concern about the date, IT IS EACH APPLICANT’S RESPONSIBILITY TO VERIFY THE EXPIRATION DATE DIRECTLY WITH THE EMPLOYER.”
- In the “Resume Receipt” field, choose “Other.” The “How to Apply” box will appear below. Input all information about how to apply in this field (and remove from other fields, like “Description,” if necessary);
- Check with an advisor before using the “Blind Posting” field;
- If the position is an annually recurring fellowship, internship or job, select, “Annually Recurring Job;”
- If there are multiple positions for the same organization (more than three), you may input one job with the title, “Multiple Positions.” Check with an advisor if you believe the positions are with an organization with whom we have a close relationship, or if representatives are coming to campus to recruit for the positions.
- If the position will have broad appeal, you may want to “Tweet” an announcement about it. In the “Job posting info to be tweeted” field, include something like, “Junior Professional Fellowship for fall at United Nations University- find out more on Zócalo!” The tweets will be sent to students and alumni who have subscribed to our tweets;
- For Center for Advising and Career Services Graduate Assistants: Place all e-mails into the “COMPLETED” folder in Outlook.