Access to department or special project folders (S: drive) is controlled by membership in group lists. A person in the department or project is assigned ownership of the list and can add/remove members. Editing is done via the Address Book in Outlook.
All lists are prefixed with MFS-, for MIIS File System, followed the department/project name. Some lists are appended with WS to control workstudys access to a folder.
- In Outlook open the Address Book from the Home tab. The button is at the far right side, or press Ctrl+Shift+B.
- In the Search box type MFS-, followed by the first letter of the department to quickly find the list.
- Double-click on the list to open the list properties. Among other information, this will display the owner of the list and a button to modify the membership.
- Click on Modify Members… to open the Membership window.
- Click Add and another window to the Address Book will open.
- Type the last name of the person. When you find the name double click on it and it will be entered in the Add field at the bottom of the window. Repeat the search and double click until all people are added.
- Click Ok to complete the Add.
- Click OK to close the Membership window. Then Click Ok to close the list properties. Lastly, click the red X to close the Address Book.
To remove members select the name in the Membership window and click the Remove button (step 5).