How do I connect Windows 7 to the MIIS wireless network?
- Click the Wireless Network Connection icon on the Taskbar. The Wireless Network Connection Status dialog box opens.
- Click Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Manage wireless networks.
- On the next screen click Add.
- Click Manually create a network profile.
- Under Information for the wireless network you want to add
- Enter miis into the Network name field.
- Select WPA2-‐Enterprise in the Security type dropdown menu.
- Select AES in the Encryption type dropdown menu.
- Check to select Start this connection automatically.
- Click Next.
- Click Change connection settings.
- The Connection tab should look like this:
- Click on the Security tab, then Settings.
- Uncheck Validate server certificate, then click the Configure button.
- Uncheck the Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) checkbox. Finally click OK.
- Click OK to close Protected EAP Properties.
- In the Security tab, click on Advanced Settings.
- Check Specify Authentication mode and choose User Authentication. Click OK.
- Click OK to close miis Wireless Network properties.
- Click Close to complete the setup.
Once you have completed the configuration steps in the above section, you should be able to see a bubble pop up in the lower right hand corner of your task bar. You can then follow the below steps to connect to the network.
- Click on the bubble Additional information is required to connect to miis prompted in your task bar.
- A network dialog box will appear. Enter your username and password (same as your email account). And then click OK.
You should now be connected to the miis network!