Faculty and staff can contact the ITS Helpdesk to obtain the IP address of the copier for installation. In addition, this article applies only to Faculty and Staff PCs using the Windows 10 operating system. Students must use the Web Print feature in Papercut to print wirelessly to a Papercut Printer.
To connect to a Faculty or Staff printer, please identify the location, model number, and IP address of the copier. We currently use Canon printers with varying model numbers. This article will cover the setup of a Canon 4225. You may want to make an appointment with the ITS Helpdesk for assistance with this installation.
1. Do a Google search on the copier model number. Example, “Canon 4225 driver” This should lead you to the specific printer’s resource page.
2. Select “Drivers and Downloads” and expand the Drivers menu. Your Windows operating system should be detected.
3. Download and install the latest UFRII driver. Extract the file once downloaded.
4. Click on the Setup file. When you see a User Account Control prompt saying, “Do you want to allows this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your device?” click Yes.
5. Once the driver files are extracted, click Setup. When you see a prompt saying, “Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device?” click Yes.
6. Under the license agreement, click Yes.
7. Under the Printer Setup, select Custom. Click Next.
8. On the next window, select Add New Printers under UFR II Printer Driver. Click Next.
9. Select the printer driver to install. In this case, tick Canon 4225. Click Next.
10. On the next window, under Port, click Add Port. Select Standard TCP/IP Port. Click Ok.
11. An Add Standard TCP/IP Printer Port Wizard will appear. Click Next.
12. On the next window, fill-out the Printer Name Name or IP Address with the IP address of the printer you wish to install. Contact the ITS Helpdesk to obtain your printer’s IP address. It is also recommended to change the port name. (ie. McCone 1st Floor, or McGowan 200, etc.). Click Next.
13. Click Finish once the port is added.
14. Once back to the Printer Information window, click Next.
15. On the next window, click Start. This will start the printer installation.
16. The setup is now complete. Now is also good time to print a test page to ensure that your printer installation was successful.
As mentioned earlier, please visit the ITS Helpdesk for assistance with this setup.
Thank you for reading.