In Outlook 2016, right-click on the Clutter folder and select Manage Clutter.
If you don’t see the Manage Clutter option, you should try turning off Focused Inbox first.
In webmail (recommended):
- At the top of the page, select Settings, and under Your app settings, select Mail > Layout > Focused Inbox. Choose Don’t sort messages.
- Refresh your browser.
- At the top of the page, select Settings, and under Your app settings, select Mail.
- Under Automatic processing, select Clutter.
- Either uncheck the box Separate items identified as clutter or select the option Don’t separate items identified as Clutter, depending on which option you see on the Clutter options page.
- Click Save to turn off Clutter.
The Clutter folder remains in Outlook even after you turn off the feature.
You can view Microsoft’s instructions on how to turn Clutter off and on, as well as how Clutter filters messages and how to view these messages. If you read messages, they won’t be classified as clutter in the future.
To read more about this issue, refer to this update on Microsoft’s plans for Clutter and Focused Inbox.