Home » Drupal (Page 2)
Category Archives: Drupal
The “Gallery” content type can be used to display a set of photos as a photo slideshow. Before creating your “Gallery,” crop all of the included photos to the same size (i.e. 400×300 pixels) and upload them to the appropriate “Files (hidden)” webpage.
Creating a New Gallery
- Make sure you are logged on.
- Navigate to the page you wish to add an Gallery to.
- Locate the “Edit Console” in the top left of the screen. Click the “Add” button.
- The screen now lists all the content types. Choose “Gallery” from the list.
- The screen now shows the “Gallery” editing interface.
- In the “Title” text field, give your slideshow a title.
- You can use the “Body” area to write a description for your gallery if you wish.
- Add one or more images to the “What to show in the gallery” section using the “Add…” button and browsing the site tree to locate the photos you wish to use.
- Choose settings related to the appearance of your gallery.
- When you are finished, click the “Save” button.
Groups are used to control who has editing privileges to the various sections of the MIIS website. If you are the group manager, you can add or remove group members by visiting http://go.middlebury.edu/groups and logging in with your Exchange credentials. You can also turn over group manager privileges to someone else if needbe.
I have pages and pages of file uploads on my “Files (hidden)” page; is there a better way to organize these?
You can organize your file uploads in Drupal by creating subpages for your “Files (hidden)” page. Because these pages are subpages of a hidden page (the “Files” page), they will automatically be hidden from the navigation menu, too.
Note: you must first upload your file to the appropriate Files (hidden) area before you can insert it on a specific page. See this help article for additional instructions if you need to upload your file.
- Make sure you are logged on and in the editing interface for the content where you wish to insert the file.
- Click your text in the area you wish to add a file.
- Click the “Insert file upload” button. It’s the yellow folder icon, the 1st button in the 3rd row.
- When the “Insert file upload” console appears on your screen, use the links (starting with “Home”) and find the file on your Files page.
- Click the file you wish to insert.
- A new window appears.
- Use this screen to set the title and description you want associated with your file.
- When you’re done, click the “Insert” button.
- The window disappears, and the file now appears in the text area where you inserted the file.
- When you are finished editing the content, scroll down and click the “Save” button.
- The screen returns to “View” mode.