Home » Internet (Page 2)
Category Archives: Internet
Most of the time to use the Middlebury wireless network, all you need to do is the following:
1. On the home screen, tap Settings
2. On the following screen, tap Wi-Fi
3. Select “MiddleburyCollege“.
4. Enter your Middlebury account name and password (same as your email username and password), then tap Join.
5. If you are prompted to accept a certificate, tap Trust.
If the above procedure does not work, follow the steps below:
How do I tag URLs for online marketing campaigns so that we can track their success with Google Analytics?
There are several tags you can add to the end of our www.miis.edu URLs so that we can track online marketing campaigns via Google Analytics, whether these campaigns focus on email, Facebook, LinkedIn, or external websites (grist.org, gradschools.com, princetonreview.com, etc.). You can use the Google URL Builder Tool to guide you through the process.
Please follow the step by step instructions below:
- In the “Website URL” field, enter the web address of the page you would like people to visit after they click on the link or ad.
- In the “Campaign Source” field, enter the source of the campaign such as Facebook, Linkedin, Google, Grist, Gradschools.com, Email (our MIIS Constant Contact account) etc.
- In the “Campaign Medium” field, enter the type of the campaign such as CPC, Email, Banner, Directory, etc.
- In the “Campaign Name” field, name your promotion. Be as specific as possible. Here are some examples…
- Google AdWords: “G:India Search-MBA (English)” OR “G:USA Display-Peace Corps (English)”
- Facebook Campaign: “F:YellowRibbon-MBA USA(English)”
- LinkedIn Campaign: “L: TISP – USA (English)”
- Banner Ads: “FP:Banner-IPS-Sept2011” Note: FP= Foreign Policy
- Email Campaigns: External: “FP:Email-IPS-Dec2011” or Internal (via Constant Contact): “Email:TI-Scholarships-Feb2012”
- Click “Generate URL.”
Here’s a helpful screenshot of the toolbuilder:
You can also use the “Campaign Term” field to differentiate between paid keywords (You would use this feature when tagging URLs on a Google AdWords account.) And you can use the “Campaign Content” field to differentiate between the content of your ads (i.e. the text and photos), if your running two or more ads concurrently about the same product or promo. Imagine two ads about the IEP program on Grist with different photos, or two ads about the Yellow Ribbon program on Facebook with different headline text.
- Navigate to http://go.middlebury.edu/admin.
- Click “Create”.
- You will be asked to sign in using your Exchange credentials (the same username & password you use for your miis.edu email).
- Fill out the form that appears. Be sure to select the “miis.edu” radio button if you want the shortcut to begin with http://go.miis.edu/
If you thought downloading YouTube videos in Safari was easy just wait until you try this cool new add-on for FireFox that allows you to download .flv files in the much more flexible .mp4 format.
- Go to Video DownloadHelper and select the appropriate version. After it downloads, restart your FireFox browser. You should see a strange, black-and-white, molecule-like icon next to the address bar.
- Now, simply open the YouTube page of the video you wish to download and, suddenly, the icon will become animated. Click on the small triangle next to the icon to open a tab of options.
- Select which file format you would like and click download. Select the destination folder and the the video will automatically convert to the desired format upon saving. You can open it using most major media players.
Good luck and stay legal!
Downloading a movie from YouTube is easier than operating a microwave. You don’t even need a YouTube account! With just a internet browser (Safari in this case) and a few clicks you can watch your favorite, legal clips from your hard drive.
However, before you start downloading, please review U.S. fair use laws to make sure that you do not break the law.
Now let’s get started!
Step 1: After opening Safari, go to the window tab and select activity.
This should bring up an activity box with a list of every task that the browser has loaded.
Step 2: Go to YouTube and open the page for the video you wish to download. As it is loading, browse the activity box for the specific video task. It will most likely be the largest file.
Now simply double-click on the file and it will automatically download to your desktop in a flash video format (.flv).
Good luck and remember to stay legal!
Middlebury requires you to change your password every few months. You should receive an email notifying you of this in advance. If you find that you can no longer log into your email account using your current password, it may be that your network password has expired. In this case simply reset your password at http://go.middlebury.edu/activate.
To activate your email account, you must first have your Bannerweb ID (student or employee ID) and PIN. The PIN is initialized to your 6 digit date of birth (MMDDYY).
Employees can get their ID by contacting the HR office at 831-647-3520. New students should contact the Admissions office at 831-647-4123 if they have not already received their BannerWeb ID at their home email address.
If you have forgotten your password, visit go.middlebury.edu/resetpassword or contact the ITS Help Desk for assistance at 831-647-6656.
- Go to http://go.middlebury.edu/activate, click the Continue button on the first page.
- At the next page, log in with your Banner id and password.
- Read and agree to the Agreement Statement.
- A page displays which allows you to set a password. Near the top you’ll see your account name in RED. Write this down! Pay close attention to the requirements for a password then create a password. Tip: write down your password and compare it against the requirements before typing it in.
- Click Continue. A confirmation page display letting you know if your password was accepted.