Go to mail.middlebury.edu to log into your MIIS email account.
PLEASE VISIT HTTP://GO.MIIS.EDU/NEWMAIL TO ACCESS YOUR OUTLOOK EMAIL.
Login with your middlebury.edu email address, which is the same as your miis.edu address. Just replace miis.edu with middlebury.edu. Use the same password you currently have.
It should redirect you to a Middlebury login page. If not click this link https://outlook.com/owa/middlebury.edu.
Enter your Middlebury email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Do not use ‘@miis.edu’ for your email address. Then enter your current email password. If you haven’t set up, or you forgot your password, PLEASE READ how to activate (or reset) your password.
When you successfully log into your Middlebury email account for the first time, it will ask you to choose a time zone. We are in Pacific Time Zone (UTC-7)
Unfortunately we don’t have the resources of Google to allot additional space for all who ask. We encourage people to manage their email by removing or archiving.
Here are instructions on how to create a storage folder in Outlook 2010 for Windows, to which one can move messages out of the quota space but still have them available in outlook.
Here’s a good resource for Mac Outlook 2011. These two methods demand minimal attention to filing and decision-making.
Please contact or visit the ITS Helpdesk if you would like assistance with archiving your MIIS email.
To set up the Outlook Desktop Client (not Webmail/OWA) you should be able to use the Auto-configuration steps.
(You might need to first click ‘Manual’ then switch back to ‘E-Mail/auto’ for the fields to become fillable.
After clicking ‘Finish’ you should see a second login window. This is normal.
You must select “other user” and enter your username with the “midd\”prefix and password.
Check “Remember my credentials” and click OK. You should then see your email begin to copy over.
At this point you are finished.
Manual Configuration – Use the steps below ONLY if the above does not work for you.
These steps should work for MS Office 2013 and Office 365. For older versions of Office please see our Office 2010 setup guide. The following screenshots were taken from Outlook 2013 but may also apply to the Windows Mail client.
If you have not set up your Email account, you will first need to do so at the Network Activation Page.
1. Launch Outlook or your Windows Mail program.
2. Choose Manual setup.
3. Choose Exchange.
4. Enter Server as mail.middlebury.edu and enter your username.
Update: due to the latest Exchange server upgrade, mail.middlebury.edu will not work as the server name.
You will need to contact the MIIS Helpdesk to obtain a unique ID to enter into this field.
5. Choose “More Settings”
6. Select “Exchange Proxy Settings”
7. Enter the Connection settings as follows.
8. Finish and Say OK.
9. At the login window, be sure to add the “midd\” prefix to your username.
10. Your emails should copy over from the Exchange server.
For the best results, we recommend that you update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to the latest iOS. At this time, the latest is iOS 8. For more information on updating your Apple products, please refer to its support article.
Following the steps below will help you set up your MIIS email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. We have included screenshots from setup on an iPad, but the process is the same for the other two devices.
2. Select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
8. Hit “Next,” and you will have the option of selecting which items you would like to sync to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Select as many as you would like. **Unless you keep an up-to-date list of contacts in Outlook, you should not synchronize contacts because your existing contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch will be deleted. The same goes for your calendar. If you use your device’s calendar to organize your schedule, you should not synchronize your calendar.
Thank you for reading! If you have any further questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at email@example.com or (831) 647-6656, or come visit us on campus in Casa Fuente 320.
The easiest way to access your email account is to use your web browser to access the email server directly at http://mail.middlebury.edu. The Outlook Web Access interface includes many basic and intermediate mail functions and performs very well over the Internet. Best results are found using Microsoft’s Internet Explorer, but you can use other web browsers like FireFox, Safari or Chrome, etc. Results with these other browsers may vary.
To log into your email, use your email user ID, typically your first initial and last name.
To activate your email account, you must first have your Bannerweb ID (student or employee ID) and password. If you’ve never accessed Bannerweb, the password is initialized to your date of birth (MMDDYY). If you are a work-study student, use the same Bannerweb ID and password to log into the activation site, as you do with the BannerWeb site.
Employees can get their ID by contacting the HR office at 831-647-3520. Students should contact the Records office at 831-647-4121 if they have not already received their BannerWeb ID at their home email address.
If you have forgotten your BannerWeb password, you can contact the ITS Help Desk to reset your BannerWeb password at 831-647-6656.
- Go to http://go.middlebury.edu/activate, click the Continue button on the first page.
- At the next page, log in with your Banner id and password.
- Read and agree to the Agreement Statement.
- A page displays which allows you to set a password. Near the top you’ll see your account name in RED. Write this down! Pay close attention to the requirements for a password then create a password. Tip: write down your password and compare it against the requirements before typing it in.
- Click Continue. A confirmation page display letting you know if your password was accepted.