Home » Posts tagged 'Apple'
Tag Archives: Apple
Most of the time, to use the MIIS wireless network, all you need to do is the following:
- Click on the AirPort icon on the right end of the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Select “miis” from the list.
- Enter your MIIS username and password (same as your email account), then click OK.
- Click Apply to save all changes
However, if the above procedure does not work for you, follow the steps below.
- Click on Airport icon on right-upper toolbar.
- From the drop-down menu, select Join Other Network
- Type miis in the Network Name field.
- Select WPA Enterprise or WPA2 Enterprise from the Security drop-down menu.
- Enter your network username and password (the same as your email account) in the User Name and Password fields, respectively.
- Click on Remember this network check-box.
- Click on Join to join the network.
Most of the time to use the MIIS wireless network, all you need to do is the following:
- On the home screen, press Settings
- On the left side of the following screen, press Wi-Fi
- Under choose a Network… select “miis“.
- Enter your MIIS account name and password (same as your email username and password), then press Join.
- If you are prompted to accept a certificate, press Continue or Accept
However, if the above procedure does not work, follow the steps below.
- On the home screen, press Settings.
- On the left of the following screen press Wi-Fi.
- On the right side press Other…
- On the next screen, enter “miis” in the Name field, then press Security.
- Choose WPA2 Enterprise or WPA Enterprise, then press other network…
- Enter your MIIS username and password (same as your email username and password), then press Join.
- When prompted, press Accept or Continue.
For the best results, we recommend that you update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch to the latest iOS. At this time, the latest is iOS 8. For more information on updating your Apple products, please refer to its support article.
Following the steps below will help you set up your MIIS email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. We have included screenshots from setup on an iPad, but the process is the same for the other two devices.
2. Select “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
8. Hit “Next,” and you will have the option of selecting which items you would like to sync to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. Select as many as you would like. **Unless you keep an up-to-date list of contacts in Outlook, you should not synchronize contacts because your existing contacts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch will be deleted. The same goes for your calendar. If you use your device’s calendar to organize your schedule, you should not synchronize your calendar.
Thank you for reading! If you have any further questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org or (831) 647-6656, or come visit us on campus in Casa Fuente 320.