Home » Posts tagged 'files'
Tag Archives: files
I have pages and pages of file uploads on my “Files (hidden)” page; is there a better way to organize these?
You can organize your file uploads in Drupal by creating subpages for your “Files (hidden)” page. Because these pages are subpages of a hidden page (the “Files” page), they will automatically be hidden from the navigation menu, too.
Note: you must first upload your file to the appropriate Files (hidden) area before you can insert it on a specific page. See this help article for additional instructions if you need to upload your file.
- Make sure you are logged on and in the editing interface for the content where you wish to insert the file.
- Click your text in the area you wish to add a file.
- Click the “Insert file upload” button. It’s the yellow folder icon, the 1st button in the 3rd row.
- When the “Insert file upload” console appears on your screen, use the links (starting with “Home”) and find the file on your Files page.
- Click the file you wish to insert.
- A new window appears.
- Use this screen to set the title and description you want associated with your file.
- When you’re done, click the “Insert” button.
- The window disappears, and the file now appears in the text area where you inserted the file.
- When you are finished editing the content, scroll down and click the “Save” button.
- The screen returns to “View” mode.
You can upload files to your blog by clicking either icon next to “Add media” while you are editing a post or page.
Accepted file types include the following: jpg jpeg png gif mp3 mov avi wmv midi mid pdf
Please note the maximum file upload size is 1500 KB.