Home » Posts tagged 'files'
Tag Archives: files
I have pages and pages of file uploads on my “Files (hidden)” page; is there a better way to organize these?
You can organize your file uploads in Drupal by creating subpages for your “Files (hidden)” page. Because these pages are subpages of a hidden page (the “Files” page), they will automatically be hidden from the navigation menu, too.
Note: you must first upload your file to the appropriate Files (hidden) area before you can insert it on a specific page. See this help article for additional instructions if you need to upload your file.
- Make sure you are logged on and in the editing interface for the content where you wish to insert the file.
- Click your text in the area you wish to add a file.
- Click the “Insert file upload” button. It’s the yellow folder icon, the 1st button in the 3rd row.
- When the “Insert file upload” console appears on your screen, use the links (starting with “Home”) and find the file on your Files page.
- Click the file you wish to insert.
- A new window appears.
- Use this screen to set the title and description you want associated with your file.
- When you’re done, click the “Insert” button.
- The window disappears, and the file now appears in the text area where you inserted the file.
- When you are finished editing the content, scroll down and click the “Save” button.
- The screen returns to “View” mode.
How do I add resources (Microsoft Word docs, PowerPoints, PDFs, audio files, etc.) to my Moodle course?
View an alternate version with some screenshots.
Resources can be things like Microsoft Word files, PowerPoint slides, PDF documents or audio (mp3) files.
1. Turn editing on. (button in the top right-hand corner of main page)
2. Scroll down to the week or topic where you wish to add the file. Click on Add a RESOURCE, and then choose Link to a file or web site.
3. You will be taken to a screen that asks you for a title for the file (this is the text that users will see on your main course page, and will click on in order to access file).
4. Optional: you can add a summary about the file also in the summary box below.
5. Click on the Choose or upload a file button
6. This will take you to a page where you can either choose an existing file or upload a new one. To upload a new file click the Upload a file button.
7. Then Browse for the file on your computer that you want to upload. When you have chosen the file, click Upload this file.
8. You will be taken back to the files menu. From here you can choose the file you want by clicking the word CHOOSE in the far RIGHT-HAND column next to the file.
This will bring you back to your upload page.
9. You now need to scroll down to the bottom of the page and make sure to click Save changes at the bottom of the page. (Your document will automatically open; you can click cancel.) To return to your main moodle page, use the breadcrumb navigation bar at the top of the page.
The same steps may be used for Microsoft Word files, PowerPoint files, audio (mp3) files and PDFs.
Additional resources on other (non-MIIS) sites
You can upload files to your blog by clicking either icon next to “Add media” while you are editing a post or page.
Accepted file types include the following: jpg jpeg png gif mp3 mov avi wmv midi mid pdf
Please note the maximum file upload size is 1500 KB.