Home » Posts tagged 'network'
Tag Archives: network
- Click the Wireless Network Connection icon on the Taskbar. The Wireless Network Connection Status dialog box opens.
- Click Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Manage wireless networks.
- On the next screen click Add.
- Click Manually create a network profile.
- Under Information for the wireless network you want to add
- Enter miis into the Network name field.
- Select WPA2-‐Enterprise in the Security type dropdown menu.
- Select AES in the Encryption type dropdown menu.
- Check to select Start this connection automatically.
- Click Next.
- Click Change connection settings.
- The Connection tab should look like this:
- Click on the Security tab, then Settings.
- Uncheck Validate server certificate, then click the Configure button.
- Uncheck the Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) checkbox. Finally click OK.
- Click OK to close Protected EAP Properties.
- In the Security tab, click on Advanced Settings.
- Check Specify Authentication mode and choose User Authentication. Click OK.
- Click OK to close miis Wireless Network properties.
- Click Close to complete the setup.
Once you have completed the configuration steps in the above section, you should be able to see a bubble pop up in the lower right hand corner of your task bar. You can then follow the below steps to connect to the network.
- Click on the bubble Additional information is required to connect to miis prompted in your task bar.
- A network dialog box will appear. Enter your username and password (same as your email account). And then click OK.
You should now be connected to the miis network!
Most of the time, to use the MIIS wireless network, all you need to do is the following:
- Click on the AirPort icon on the right end of the menu bar at the top of your screen.
- Select “miis” from the list.
- Enter your MIIS username and password (same as your email account), then click OK.
- Click Apply to save all changes
However, if the above procedure does not work for you, follow the steps below.
- Click on Airport icon on right-upper toolbar.
- From the drop-down menu, select Join Other Network
- Type miis in the Network Name field.
- Select WPA Enterprise or WPA2 Enterprise from the Security drop-down menu.
- Enter your network username and password (the same as your email account) in the User Name and Password fields, respectively.
- Click on Remember this network check-box.
- Click on Join to join the network.
Access to department or special project folders (S: drive) is controlled by membership in group lists. A person in the department or project is assigned ownership of the list and can add/remove members. Editing is done via the Address Book in Outlook.
All lists are prefixed with MFS-, for MIIS File System, followed the department/project name. Some lists are appended with WS to control workstudys access to a folder.
- In Outlook open the Address Book from the Home tab. The button is at the far right side, or press Ctrl+Shift+B.
- In the Search box type MFS-, followed by the first letter of the department to quickly find the list.
- Double-click on the list to open the list properties. Among other information, this will display the owner of the list and a button to modify the membership.
- Click on Modify Members… to open the Membership window.
- Click Add and another window to the Address Book will open.
- Type the last name of the person. When you find the name double click on it and it will be entered in the Add field at the bottom of the window. Repeat the search and double click until all people are added.
- Click Ok to complete the Add.
- Click OK to close the Membership window. Then Click Ok to close the list properties. Lastly, click the red X to close the Address Book.
To remove members select the name in the Membership window and click the Remove button (step 5).
If you’re having problems accessing your accounts, such as Moodle, network and email, many times simply resetting the password can fix it. Read this post for information on how to reset your password. Students, faculty and staff can visit Information Technology Services in Casa Fuente 320 for all mobile device, laptop, computer and account needs.