Home » Posts tagged 'Printing'
Tag Archives: Printing
Students must use the Papercut print management system to print on the MIIS campus. This post gives you background on the process and steps to print from a laptop.
To print to any printer from your laptop you must use the PaperCut printing system. The general steps:
A. Convert – only PDF documents can be printed from laptops to campus printers.
B. Upload – put your document into Papercut system – http://papercut.miis.edu.
C. Release – go to any one of the four campus printers, log into its Print Release Station and send your document to the printer.
Windows users can install a freeware PDF converter called CutePDF Writer, http://www.cutepdf.com. During installation, you are prompted to also install PS2PDF converter, select Yes to this option. MacOS comes with a built-in PDF converter.
A. Convert Document
- Open the document you want to print, select Print from the File menu (or Win: Ctrl+P, Mac: Cmd+P).
- In the Printer dialog box: Windows: in the Printer name drop-down list, choose CutePDF Writer, and click OK. Mac: in lower left corner, click on the down-arrow next to PDF and select Save as PDF.
- Save the PDF file to your desired location. Remember the location for the upload.
B. Upload Document
- Open any browser and go to http://papercut.miis.edu.
- Log-in using your MIIS network username and password.
- In PaperCut, click on Web Print.
- Click on the link Submit a Job.
- Under the Printer Name, select papercut\WEB2 (virtual) for double-sided printing, or papercut\WEB1 (virtual) for single-sided printing.
- Click 2. Print Options and Account Selection (figure above). Although visible, you cannot print multiple copies of a document. See the Facts section below.
- Click 3. Upload Document (figure above).
- Under Select a document, click Browse to locate the PDF file you want to print, and then click Upload & Complete.
C. Release Document
- Go to any of the four Canon campus printers and log into its Print Release Stations – Casa Fuente 449, Morse 100, Library 1st floor, and Library 2nd floor.
- Log into the Release Station using your MIIS network username and password.
- Click Print next to the print job you want to print.
- Your printing allowance is $50/semester, .05c/single sided or double sided. This balance rolls over each semester.
- You can check the status of your account at http://papercut.miis.edu; log in with your local network ID and password.
- You can purchase TopUp cards for addition printing within a semester at the Library or Cashiers office.
- You can only print one copy per uploaded document. Even though you see an option to specify more copies in Papercut, this will not have any effect. To print additional copies you must upload the document again.
- Documents uploaded into Papercut, and ready for printing, only remain in the system for 8 hours. After 8 hours, Papercut deletes them from the system.
- If you have a multi-page document but only want to print select pages, use the options in the Print dialog box to specify pages. Below are some examples. If the document is already a PDF, you can ‘convert’ it again, specifying the desired pages, then printing as PDF.
|Microsoft Internet Explorer
Office Services offers color copying/printing for the entire campus but cannot use the individual staff/faculty or student copy codes, only department codes. All transactions must be paid for by cash or check. Office Services is not set up to accept debit/credit cards nor do they charge back the student accounts.
Color is $.50 per page for single sided prints and $1.00 for double sided prints. They can print 8.5″ x 11″, 8.5″ x 14″ and 11″ x 17″.
Office Services does not up charge for printing; prices are based on the lease agreement, the fee paid to Canon per print, and the cost of paper and toner for the machine.
Office Services is located in Casa Fuente (439 Pierce Street) across the walkway from the Registrar and Cashier’s office.
The closest alternative place for printing is Copy King on Calle Principal.