First TSC Meeting Recap

Hello Everyone!

I received several emails earlier this week asking about Monday’s Terrorism Studies Club meeting, I apologize for the delay, but here is a quick recap of what was discussed.

MonTREP will be looking to hire students to fill position vacancies and head up projects. These include:
– Graduate Research Assistant position for General Howard (Helen graduates in December)
– Media Manager position (I graduate in December) and a new TSC president
– 2-3 Graduate Research Assistants for art/antiquities trafficking project
– 2-3 Graduate Research Assistants for MonTREP database project
– Both Dr. Bale and Dr. Joshi may be hiring Graduate Research Assistants
– MonTREP will be accepting 4-6 independent research proposals
– TA for the CT Africa course in the spring
– Curriculum Developer and TA for SpecOps/CT workshop in the spring

MonTREP will be holding a Terrorism / Counterterrorism in Africa Conference in the spring which may be a joint effort with the Combating Terrorism Center at West Point.

The TSC will need help from volunteers at future meetings as we will be providing food and beverages. Basically we just need people that are willing to help pick up the food, drinks, etc and stay after to help tidy up. Please email me (ccherry@miis.edu) if you are interested in this super low time commitment which may aid in the selection of our club’s next president and our next treasurer.

Anyway, that is the gist of things. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to shoot me an email. If you are interested in one of the above employment opportunities or would like to help out with the conference, please email Jayci at jbrower@miis.edu and Cc montrep@miis.eduMake sure that you include: your resume (tip: 1 page), a cover letter, and a short writing sample (2 pages is sufficient) when you contact Jayci. I hope everyone enjoyed their first week of classes. Have a great weekend!