About your professor

158 

Mohamed El Sharkawi, ev7829@wayne.edu

Graduated from Ain Shams University in Cairo in 1993. Obtained a Master’s degree in teaching Arabic as a foreign language from the American University in Cairo. Received his Ph. D in Arabic linguistics in 2005 from Radboud University, the Netherlands. Taught Arabic and linguistics in Bayreuth University in Germany, The American University in Cairo, Brown University, and Wayne State University in the United States. Published extensively on the history of Arabic and its development in both Arabic and English. Among his publications are: The Linguistic Conquests, The Ecology of Arabic, and Arabicization in the First Century of the Islamic Era. In addition, translated several books on linguistics from English to Arabic.

Youssef Bataresh, joebatarseh@gmail.com59E8A362-D6E0-4952-AB898B738BB0B0D2

Remembering, even as a young, twenty-year old enlisting in the Navy, I knew that my path
would inevitably bring me back to the doors of the academy. And it did. During my military and civilian service, I worked with people from many different cultures, backgrounds and ethnicities. As I progressed in my career, I saw that only through discipline and collaboration could my team obtain the greatest good for everyone concerned. Therefore, as an advocate of multiculturalism, I see that our nation’s strength derives from our differences and unique qualities.

Yomna Chami, yhc22@cornell.edu

youmna

Yomna Chami is from Lebanon. She teaches Elementary Arabic at SILP. Yomna is also a Lecturer of Arabic Language and Linguistics in the Department of Near Eastern Studies at Cornell University Ithaca – NY. She teaches all levels of Arabic ans she is Mews faculty fellow. She earned Master of Arts in Teaching Literature Degree and New York State Secondary Teaching Certificate in English from Bard College, New York (2009).Yomna is the co-author of Arabiyyat Al Naas part III.

Mohamed Hassan, mohamedomaralex@yahoo.com

moh