When: Monday – Friday from 7:15 – 7:45 am
Starting: September 19th
Where: DLC Design Space
Led by a fellow meditator here at MIIS who will simply host the space and ring the opening and closing bell. Not quite sure what this whole meditating thing is all about? Read below for more details!
These drop-in sessions do not include any meditation instruction or teaching. They simply provide a regular time and peaceful place to meditate under the quiet guidance of a host.
Here’s what to do:
- Arrive by 7:15 a.m. (Try not to be late, but if you are, just slip in as quickly and quietly as you can.)
- Silence your phone.
- Quietly take off your shoes and place them with your personal items out of the way along the wall or where indicated.
- Choose a spot to sit in the general direction or formation the host has set up.
- You may use one of the chairs, cushions, or yoga blocks provided, or bring your own.
- Simply take a seat and quietly settle in.
- At 7:20, the host will ring the opening bell three times. This marks the beginning of meditation.
- At 7:40, the host will again ring the bell. This marks the end of meditation.
- As you are ready, quietly stand up and put away any props you used.
- If you have time, please help the host put away other chairs, etc. as needed.
- The space should be cleared between 7:45 and 7:50.
- Enjoy your day!