Colleen to EDF’s Ocean Innovations Team!

Peace Corps changes people. For me, it meant a career change. After two years working with small scale fishers in the Dominican Republic during Peace Corps, I knew I wanted to work with fishing communities to find innovative solutions that would ensure the long-term survival of their communities and marine environments.

Last fall the Environmental Defense Fund‘s Rod Fujita spoke in one of my classes. He shared about his pragmatic yet optimistic approach to solving big ocean problems. Then he shared stories of exciting ways that small communities in Latin America manage their own fisheries.

I am excited to announce that I will spend 11 weeks this summer working with Rod as an intern in the Ocean Innovations Department at the Environmental Defense Fund in San Francisco.  Stay tuned to hear what I learn, do and how I survive the cold and foggy San Francisco summer!

8 thoughts on “Colleen to EDF’s Ocean Innovations Team!

1. Florencio Cotugno

I’m usually to blogging and i actually respect your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I am going to bookmark your website and hold checking for new information.

Reply
  2. Upcoming Horror Conventions

Aw, this was a very nice post. In thought I wish to put in writing like this moreover – taking time and precise effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and under no circumstances appear to get one thing done.

Reply
  3. what is adsl

This is the right webpage for anybody who wants to understand this topic. You understand a whole lot its almost hard to argue with you (not that I actually would want to…HaHa). You certainly put a fresh spin on a topic which has been written about for years. Wonderful stuff, just wonderful!

Reply
  4. 300-115 test

Thanks for your suggestion. I really appreciate that you took all this time to try and help us. Keep up the good work. Keep on taking action.

Reply