© 2013 Tiffany Carlson

Weeks Five and Six

The last two weeks have actually gone by pretty slow because literally no one is in the office! Like I mentioned in my previous post, everyone is on summer holiday. My supervisors also just got married (to each other) and are busy planning their move to Houston, Texas in a few weeks.

Revising the EMP Tool and creating the “How To” guide is in its final stages though. I have completed my final version and it is now being passed around for general comments and review. I have also been asked to create a “How To” guide for the old EMP that is currently in use since there is none in existence and there seems to be quite a bit of confusion by rig teams regarding how it should be completed. Seems a little after the fact, but I guess it’s better late than never. Overall, I’ve really enjoyed this project. It was a great learning exercise and I feel like I have a much better understanding of drilling operations, their environmental impacts, and the associated environmental regulations that oversee these offshore activities.

In addition, I have continued to write Maersk Drilling position papers on a variety of environmental topics. Besides biodiversity, which I mentioned before, I am also writing on air emissions & climate change, chemical management, and waste management. These philosophy papers will be posted on the Maersk internal website as well as their general public website.

In my free time, I have been traveling all around Denmark!

Christiania

IMG_1655  IMG_1656

Frederiksborg Slot

IMG_1635  IMG_1634  IMG_1619  IMG_1633  IMG_1636  IMG_1580

The Open Air Museum/Frilandsmuseet

IMG_1712  IMG_1702  IMG_1683  IMG_1713

Roskilde Cathedral

The Viking Ship Museum/Vikingeskibsmuseet