10 things

[display_podcast]

1- glasses
2- cup of tea
3- necklace with jade ox from china
4- walgreen’s brand ibuprofen
5- slippers from nyc chinatown
6- apple core
7- pen
8- pad of paper
9- laptop
10- chinese dvd ‘red cliff’ that i was supposed to give back to my prof yesterday

jade ox

The item that means the most to me is my necklace with a jade ox pendant on a red cord. You might see a lot of Chinese people wearing jade on red cords.. I wear mine everyday.  It reminds me of my time in China.  The necklace  reminds me of my wonderful experience in the country.  The jade pendant, the ox, is my Chinese zodiac sign. This year, if you didn’t know, is the year of the ox! The ox is supposed to be down-to-earth, logical and hardworking, among other things (see below).. I don’t think that I’m very ox-like.. so wearing this necklace is somehow, in the back of my mind, a way to center and balance myself. I hope that wearing the necklace reminds me of this.

The Ox is the sign of prosperity through fortitude and hard work. As one might guess, such people are dependable, calm and modest. Like his animal namesake, the Ox is unswervingly patient, tireless in his work, and capable of enduring any amount of hardship without complaint.

The ox person needs peace and quiet to work through his/her ideas, and when he/she has set his/her mind on something it is hard for him/her to be convinced otherwise. The ox person has a very logical mind and is extremely systematic in whatever he/she does, in spite of a total lack of imagination. He/she can be very stubborn, and difficult to dissuade once he/she decides on something. These people speak little, but are intelligent, and when necessary, they are both articulate and eloquent.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.