T&I Professor Laura Burian recently returned from the 3rd Strategic and Economic Dialogue between the US and China, as part of a MIIS team of interpreters for the U.S. Department of State. Most of the details of these events are not available to the public, but here is a snippet of video that the State Dept. posted on its web site. If you look quickly (hint: keep your eyes on the upper right corner of the screen for the first few second) you will see Laura briefly, but then will hear her interpret for a very important person.
Tagsbenefits blogging blogs Boren CACS campaign careers communication Conference Digital Learning Commons dmc Drupal elearning Eurasia Friday Sandbox frontpage helpdesk Islamism Jihadists Kade Learning Organization linkedin maintenance moodle newsroom NPTS Open House Organizational Development President professional development social media Staff Advisory Team stories Structure Change Teaching & Learning Collaborative TLC training twitter unbook update updates voices web editing website website redesign
- Edy Rhodes on GSTILE Professor Wins Prestigious Award
- Kathi Bailey on Bailey Receives Eliason Award
- Peter Jesse on Congratulations to Eva Gudbergsdottir on her promotion!
- Cris Silva on Minhua Liu is the New Co-Editor of Interpreting Journal
- Esther M. Navarro-Hall on Minhua Liu is the New Co-Editor of Interpreting Journal