As we power up the Spring 2012 academic term, your friends in the ITS Help Desk and the Digital Learning Commons have some useful reminders and updates about iLearn course management services and support.
The campus supported course management system, iLearn, is available at: http://ilearn.miis.edu.
- iLearn user accounts are activated by logging in. Use your current Middlebury email account username (everything before @miis.edu) and password to log in.
- If you are having trouble logging in, re-activate your account by visiting http://go.miis.edu/activate
Course Archives Policy
- All iLearn Moodle course sites are backed up and archived for two years beyond the semester of instruction.
- Fall 2012 courses will continue to be archived on ilearn.miis.edu. Summer and Fall 2011 and Spring 2012 courses will be officially and archived some time in May or June 2012
- Spring 2011 courses are archived at ay1011.ilearn.miis.edu, where “ay” stands for academic year.
- Pre-Spring 2011 Courses continue to be archived on our old server eLearning.miis.edu
Course Rollover Requests
- Faculty who wish to import an archived course from an archive of a previous academic term should complete the Course Rollover Request Form. Look for the yellow call out bubble on the main iLearn page. Requests will be processed by the ITS Help Desk. Please allow at least 3 working days for processing.
- Please allow at least 3 working days for processing.
Accessing Your Spring 2012 iLearn Course Shell(s)
To gain editing privileges to an iLearn course shell:
- New faculty – be sure to Login to iLearn at http://ilearn.miis.edu to activate your profile.
- New and Returning faculty – Email the Help Desk firstname.lastname@example.org with the course name and names of any other instructors who need access.
iLearn Help & How To
- Schedule an iLearn Orietnation or Refresher Session: If you are new to campus or are feeling a little rusty with iLearn, contact Bob Cole [bob dot cole at miis.edu] at the Digital Learning Commons to schedule a one-on-one or small group training session.
- Knowledge Base: Common Moodle questions and answers can be found in the Knowledge Base “KB”: http://sites.miis.edu/kb/tag/
- Help Forum: Have a quick question? Post it in the iLearn User-to-User Forum on iLearn. Your questions make the community smarter!
- Just in Time Video Training: We have access to a great new resource called Lynda.com which includes video-based tutorials for software ranging from iMovie to Excel to Moodle. Login with your Middlebury webmail credentials here to explore further: http://go.miis.