Monterey Institute faculty and staff are invited to join CSUMB iLearn partners from MPC, Gavilan, Hartnell, Chartwell School, Stevenson School and others for a collaborative Moodle ‘Moot’ of sharing, exploring, learning, and building over two days.
WHEN: June 9 and 10 ~ 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
WHERE: CSUMB Media Learning Center
Wednesday June 9 ~ a day of faculty presentations from each iLearn Campus
Thursday June 10 ~ the following concurrent sessions will be offered in the morning and afternoon:
- 9:30 AM – 4:45 PM: Getting Started in iLearn – for refresh and expanding your use of iLearn. Includes forums, communications, quizzes and questionnaires, and your questions
- 9:30 AM – 11:45 AM: Grade Book 101 – need to nail down your grading process and understand the grade book better? This is it!
- 9:30 AM – 11:45 AM: Administering and Managing iLearn – primarily for Moodle administrators and programmers to share and discuss best practices in maintaining, developing, and backing up courses and content in Moodle
- 1:30 PM – 2:30 PM: Open Session – general discussion with peers – topics determined at lunch
- 2:45 PM – 4:45 PM: Media and Moodle – implementing media into your Moodle course, from video, to animations, to RSS feeds
- 2:45 PM – 4:45 PM: Creating Lesson Plans – have a need to create a comprehensive package of instructional and assessment content? A lesson plan can provide a unique package for you.
- 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM: Refreshments, lunch and no host-bar reception at Kula Ranch included.
TO JOIN THE PARTICIPATING MIIS TEAM:
Space is limited, please contact Bob Cole for more information and registration details:
- Phone: 647-4630
- E-mail: bob [dot] cole @miis.edu