The Ambassador Corps program connects students to the front line of social impact with unique global internship opportunities. A select group of the top undergraduate university students from across the US are chosen to do an 8 to 10 week international summer internships with a social enterprise. The program is an entry point to a purpose-driven international career where participants receive tangible work experience with a social enterprise.
Learn more about the individual experience from Ambassador Corps participant Izzy Flemming.
Gain international social entrepreneurship work experience
- Extensive vetting of prospective host organizations strongly rooted in social entrepreneurship
- A comprehensive job description designed by host organization
- Hands-on deep dive 5 day pre-departure training in Washington, DC with social innovation experts and professionals
- Mentoring throughout the internship
- Profound personal engagement within the local community and culture
- Skin in the game in-kind support from the host organization for lodging and meals
- World class experiential learning opportunity to prepare students to become purposeful global leaders in the social entrepreneurship field
- International travel protection: each AC participant is registered with Global Rescue to ensure the safety and property protocol in case of emergency for all AC students.
The difference between the Ambassador Corps experience and another undergraduate internship is that I wasn’t just an intern for the organization, I was a part of the Global Compact team and I had important responsibilities. – Grecia de la O Abarca