The Middlebury Institute’s Center for Social Impact Learning’s (CSIL) summer program AMBASSADOR CORPS will open applications on
October 15th, 2016.
The Ambassador Corps program connects students to the front line of social impact with unique global internship opportunities. A select group of the top undergraduate university students are chosen to do an 9 to 10 week international summer internship with a social enterprise. The program is an entry point to a purpose-driven international career where participants receive tangible work experience with a social enterprise. The 5-day pre-departure training in Washington DC prepares students for a deep dive learning opportunity abroad focusing on the following core modules: intercultural competency, organizational complexity, social impact theory, and global adaptability. Ambassadors identify one of 5 distinct areas of social entrepreneurship in which they would like to work:
- Sports and Development
- Youth Education and Entrepreneurship
- Women and Girls Leadership
- Microfinance and Social Enterprise Management
- Environmental Sustainability
How To Apply
Click here to be taken to the application portal. All students will apply through the Middlebury Schools Abroad portal.
Who is eligible?
All students attending US universities at the time of application are eligible to apply to Ambassador Corps. This included seniors who will be graduating in May.
The Ambassador Corps participation fee is $4,000. The fee includea:
- Accommodations and some meals during entirety of the internship
- Accommodations and meals during the pre-departure training in Washington DC
- HTH International Health Insurance
- Global Rescue Emergency Evacuation and Rescue Insurance
- Access to the Unleesh: Ambassador Corps mobile app for use as a digital journal throughout the summer
- Extensive vetting of each organization to be sure they are set-up to host a student
- Host-country orientation
- Precision matching of students with partner organization
- Troubleshooting and mentorship from the CSIL staff throughout the internship
- Access to the CSIL alumni network.
*This fee does not include airfare.
Students from Middlebury College and Middlebury Institute, Middlebury Schools Abroad, the Millennium Campus Network and AshokaU Changemaker campuses should contact Ambassador Corps about special pricing.