Blue light and a blue mind

It’s kinda crazy that the first month of my summer fellowship has already passed by! It’s been an interesting month for me that has definitely required flexibility.

Original plans for departure have changed drastically due to the fact that the 2 communities I will be working in are predominantly Muslim and this month has been Ramadan. I therefore am still living in the SF Bay Area and mostly working remotely designing a livelihood benefits study for 2 different fisheries in Indonesia. What does that entail? A lot of blue light from my computer screen! I’ve gotten pretty in depth with my preparation and am working on polishing it all before leaving next week! But wow; only a few weeks away from the ocean and beaches and I miss it so much! I’ll get my fill of it living in Bali though! The departure date is not yet confirmed, but I should be leaving in the middle of next week right after the 4th of July!

I’ve gotten to work out of the office at 101 Embarcadero St. in SF. It’s an awesome spot conveniently located between the dangerously delicious but expensive marketplace, and one of my best friends apartments! This is the epic view from his place, just 2 blocks from the office!

IMG_20151218_074305429_HDR

The extra time at home also allowed me to attend my cousin’s wedding in Michigan this past weekend! It was an amazing time getting to see and celebrate with so many loved ones! Here’s some evidence of my killer dance moves.

13439215_10209779674794028_7098460528383924465_n

Anyways, it’s been an excellent experience thus far, but is really just ramping up! Hopefully by this time next week I’ll be on a plane to Bali, and will be able to provide a more exciting update at the end of July!