Hey! Just watch this short clip first tell me what do you think?

What do you think?

What do you think about the last 10s?

“The fact of storytelling hints at a fundamental human unease, hints at human imperfection. Where there is perfection there is no story to tell.” No doubt, the sharing of stories from victims in conflicts/crisis around the world acts as a way to pass on their experiences to awaken the public, so that we can help mitigate the plight. As Amy pointed out, storytelling as a peace building method is powerful because the participatory approaches empowers the storyteller – it offers the opportunity for the storyteller to heal the trauma and become a part of the peace building process.

I am glad that nowadays there are so many organizations trying to use storytelling (digital telling in particular) to spread their messages to the world. But as you have seen from the video above, the paradox is that a lot of talented people use the processed storytelling to achieve their intended goals. They are sometimes good and sometimes bad… For me, I think it would be more important for us to learn how to listen to the story, when to be selective and when not to, and what we should do afterwards with action. THE STORY LISTENERS ARE AS IMPORTANTA AS THE STORYTELLER.

On the other hand, I thought about the fundraising campaigns that we often see on our FACEBOOK feeds. I am referring to the ones that are not for emergency needs. For instance, nowadays many young people write a story about themselves and try to raise thousands of dollars JUST TO TRAVEL. Well, some of them actually got the money…

My point is, I believe that, all of us, especially the younger generations have the power to become a good storyteller to the people around us. We do not have to tell thousands of stories, but we can use our skills and talents to share what is going on in the conflicted zones around the world.