The desire and passion by all human being to be what they wish to become has no gender or racial barriers.It is only the level of commitment and dedication by these individuals towards pursuing this goal that varies

A visit to Salinas Police Department on Wednesday to meet with the new Police chief who is a woman but do not see herself as occupying that office as a Gender tittle or for a Gender success ,she see herself making impact as a Police officer not a woman star.

.Gender discrimination and biased is very common in our world today especially in the society where I come from.Women are either not allow or discrimited when they seek to serve in some Profession and disciplines that culturally are considered to be for  Men.

The Salinas Police Chief Adele Frese  did not only help me to correct those wrong assumptions but she further explain  how  she went into the Police with a 100% commitment and a strong desire to serve and treat  people with fairness and respect.

Her testimony  has  given me more courage and hope to go home and inspire my Five wonderful daughters that I love so dearly and have listened  to them sharing with each other’s their  many  and different  dreams ,that they should dream big and work hard to accomplish those dreams.They should never be afraid to  venture into any area of human services that they feel strongly about it.They should see themselves as human beings with great potentials and can perform even better in  areas  the society sees and think culturally are not for women.

The meeting reminded me that Gender is not a barrier but an asset .I will therefore Work and pray to see my daughters and other young African females grow to achieve their dreams and make meaningful impact in the society and the world at large not as a woman star but as committed and resilience human being who have worked hard ,overcome difficult situations without playing the Gender card.

I wish to conclude with the words of  Norman Vincent Peale the author of book ‘The power of Positive Thinking’ where he said ,

” Deep within the individual is a vast reservoir of untapped power awaiting to be used.No person can have the use of all this potential until he learns to know his or her own self. The trouble with many people is that they got through life thinking and writing themselves off as ordinary common place persons,having no proper belief in themselves.They live aimless and erratic lives largely because they never realize what their lives really can be or what they can become”.