We have frequently discussed what the challenges of peacebuilding are and how we, as peacebuilders, need to build an empathetic, compassionate community where we can work together despite disagreements. To me, that includes taking responsibility for one’s words, holding oneself accountable for opinions expressed and really practicing what one preaches. The wider conversations happening across the United States on academic freedom and freedom of speech are relevant and important to have; in order to move forward critical debate and constructive dialogue are fundamental and should not be silenced. Whether that manifests as classroom discussions, or interpersonal conversations among friends, or even online – we are in a global moment with lots of positive potential for social transformation, one that is not limited to this program. As peacebuilders, we ought to capitalize (and not in a monetary sense) on the tools and diversity we have to really engage in a deep conversation that centers our shared goal instead of allowing the baggage we all carry to get in the way of that. There is space for resistance, protest and resilience, and standing up for what one believes in, and then perhaps there is the potential to restructure that space into a constructive arena for ideas and critiques. But in my opinion, that space cannot be created if things other than a commitment to peacebuilding take precedence. For me there is no difference between activism and peacebuilding. If something is problematic, I feel a personal and professional obligation to call it out – respectfully, and acknowledging the subjectivity that comes with it. I will take responsibility for my words, just as I will not shy away from defending my academic integrity. At the end of the day, if all of us – from all walks of life – are not willing to walk the walk, our work seems to become nothing more than a meaningless exercise in self-validation.