Translation Management System: Portfolio Collection

In the course Translation Management System, I’ve learned several different TMS systems, including their features, functions and tested them out through mock-up projects. The TMS we have touched upon are SDL WorldServer, XML, Lingotek, and among them all WorldServer is the tool that we used most.

What I’ve gained about WorldServer:

• manage translation memories and termbases
  • create workflow, project type and then create the project
  • configure filter setting
  • configure cost and QA settings

In the final project of this course, me and four other team members worked on a localization project with WorldServer. We ddecided to translate five projects of Gentle Monster, fashion brand with branches around the world,  from English into Korean, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese, and then prepare the deliverables in Photoshop.

In this project, my main roles are the project manager and localization engineer. I calculated the cost of this project and help assigned the task among my team members according to the deadline and our availabilities. In addition, I setted up the steps on WorldServer, creating project types, workflows for TEP and pseudo translation, and leveraging TM and TB resources. Here’s the assets of this project:

Project Proposal

Deliverables 

Presentation on Lessons Learned

TMS Comparison and how to choose

So how the different TMSs differenciate with each other and how to choose a TMS that suits you the most?

I created an infographic explaining the tips for choosing the right TMS. Click here to view it.

If you want to know more about the differences between different TMS, you can refer to my presentation (click here) on how the workflow functions of WorldServer, XTM and Lingotek are different. I believe you will have a clearer idea of their workflow features after going through my slides!

Other posts written by me:

Translation Crowdsourcing: You can know about the reasons and risks of crowdsourcing, companies and vendors that have build the platforms and an example of Transifex on how it controll the quality using voting function.

Multidimensional Quality Metrics: You can get a clear idea of what is MQM and its features, how it differentiate with other QA systems and why to some extent it is evolutionary.