About Me

Hi there! I’m Cheng, and I’m a recent graduate from MIIS. Before attending MIIS, I finished my undergraduate study in Translation Studies at Hong Kong Baptist University and got a certificate in social sciences and humanities during my exchange year at Sciences Po Paris. I was born in a small city in Mainland China, and it is my passion for cultures and languages that brought me to different places, and finally, to Monterey in the United States.

I identify myself as a cultural mediator and global localizer. I’m passionate about both adapting the product to different cultures and the marketing side of localization. I aspire to become a professional localization manager, helping the product reach a global-wide audience.

I begin my endeavor in localization since my last internship in a Hong Kong technology firm called Tink Labs. I’ve learned a lot about translating product info and the importance of coordination between different teams in the localization process. I got excited when I can view my work displayed in the product and take effects in real life, it means my effort is valuable.

Apart from languages and culture, I’m also passionate about art and photography, reading, jogging and hiking. During my spare time, I’d love to visit museum exhibitions and art galleries, especially those about humanist and documentary photography, because I think they inspire me to reflect my own life.