The following is a letter from Net Impact Director of Partner Programs Greg Francis. Please reach out to Arijit Sen if you are interested in teaming up with other MIIS students in this effort.
Thank you again for your interest in the Energy Ambassador program we are running in partnership with PG&E. Given your interest in this program, I wanted to let you know about another event we’re running with PG&E – our Ideation Lab. This event will be held on Friday, April 10th, in PG&E’s corporate headquarters in downtown San Francisco.
The Ideation lab is a high-energy, one-day design thinking workshop in which students work in teams to develop new solutions to one of PG&E’s current business challenges. The challenge this year is focused on how small and medium business owners can help create a more sustainable future for energy in California – precisely the same audience for the Energy Ambassador program!
This event will give you the opportunity to:
- Be part of a collaborative and innovative event that confronts real-time issues
- Get an inside look at customer engagement strategies from the perspective of a corporate leader in the energy efficiency space
- Work closely with like-minded students from your university or from other universities
- Learn and apply design-thinking principles to a key environmental challenge
- Network directly with PG&E employees, including experts from the Corporate Sustainability, Customer Energy Efficiency and Marketing teams
During the Ideation Lab, we also plan to give recognition to students who have completed audits for the Energy Ambassador program and may ask them to serve as user experts on the design teams.
Students can apply individually, or join as a team – just indicate the names of desired team members in the registration form.
If you’re interested, apply soon! Our application deadline is Wednesday, March 25 and spaces are limited! Apply Now.
Director of Partner Programs | Net Impact