Professional Experience

To learn about my professional history, read on.Open_logo_PANTONE_INTO_OSU_multi

After graduating from the University of Oregon with a Bachelor’s degree in International Studies, I began working for INTO Oregon State University.

My work at INTO OSU helped me refine my future goals and gave me a great deal of experience working with international students from all over the world in a professional setting.

The largest aspect of my position at INTO OSU was event and project planning for orientation and other ongoing events. I was also responsible for editing and updating INTO OSU’s Student Handbook, as well as the Pre-Departure Guide for newly admitted students, an example of which can be found here. One of my passions that continued to grow while working at INTO OSU was the experience of Muslim and Arab students studying in U.S. Higher Education.

OSU at Rec fair

During my time at INTO OSU I had the opportunity to travel to the Middle East to participate in the U.S. Education Group’s Middle East recruitment fair. This was an invaluable experience, showing me both sides of the international student perspective. I met with prospective students in Kuwait, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, and Jordan.

Kaplan logo (horizontal)

Prior to working at INTO OSU and while studying at the University of Oregon, I also gained experience working with students at Kaplan Test Prep and Admissions.

Kaplan provides courses and resources to prepare students for graduate level entrance exams such as the LSAT, MCAT, GRE, GMAT, and others. As a Student Adviser/Service Specialist, I assisted in the administration of free practice tests, marketing events on the University of Oregon campus, and other office administration tasks. 

See more about my experiences on my resume, or check out my LinkedIn profile.