Bonita Yip

bonitaLocation: India

Village Capital Partner: SABRAS

I’m trying to prove that “any business woman with a heart” can work in Fortune 500 Company to make a positive, social impact. I’m a recent full-time MBA graduate from the Simmons School of Management (an all women’s MBA program in Boston, MA), with a focus in sustainability/socially responsible business. Previously, I spent more than five years in the audit/finance industry. After leading key audits related to the U.S. recession from 2008 through 2010, it gave me the inspiration to make a career change.  Also, growing up in the Greater Boston area, I had volunteered at many non-profits that dealt with hunger, homelessness, as well as empowering young adults and women.  With this transition, it seems as if my professional and personal life experiences has finally come full circle in order to launch a new career path for social impact.

As a Frontier Market Scout, I intend to gain further subject matter expertise in food sourcing as well as supply chain with my field placement in India.  Also, I’ve been very fortunate to be well-traveled and have lived abroad in Beijing, China, so India will help me gain more insight about key global emerging markets. Besides the valuable work experience in India, it will also be an opportunity for me to achieve an important personal milestone, checking off my “number one bucket list item,” which is to reach the base camp of the Himalayas! To me, this represents that if I put my mind and heart into a goal that may seem completely overwhelming to others, I can and will accomplish it! Wish me luck!