For the first day of class, please complete these tasks.
Here is the syllabus for your review. You will find these recommended readings helpful as well.
- Frank V. Pabian, Commercial Satellite Imagery: Another Tool in the Nonproliferation Verification and Monitoring Tool-Kit, chapter 12 in the Nuclear Safeguards, Security and Nonproliferation Textbook, 2008. (On eReserve, password: sp12pabian8553). Bibliography of Imagery Analysis and Annexes from: http://www.elsevierdirect.com
- Yahya A. Dehqanzada and Ann M. Florini, Secrets for Sale: How Commercial Satellite Imagery Will Change the World, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, 2000.
- Dino A. Brugioni, The Art and Science of Photoreconnaissance, Scientific American, March 1996, pp. 78-85.
- IAEA Board of Governors, Implementation of the NPT Safeguards Agreement in the Syrian Arab Republic, GOV/2011/30, 24 May 2011.
- Vipin Gupta and Frank Pabian, Investigating the Allegations of Indian Nuclear Test Preparations in the Rajasthan Desert,Science and Global Security, Vol. 6, 1997, pp. 101-188.
You might also enjoy PBS NOVA’s episode: “3D Spies of WWII”