Looking Ahead

I’m currently searching for an employment opportunity for my IEM Practicum. My window for practicum is between May and December of 2015 and must last at least 4 months. It has to keep me engaged for approx. 40 hours per week and allow me satisfy a short list of deliverables for my degree program (that we design together), but beyond that, we can make the best of it. I’m currently sending out applications to specific organizations, but I’m also open to opportunities from around the world.

I currently have my sights set on working in the African continent with a homegrown development organization, particularly those focused on education, nutrition, and development. Opportunities both small and large are appealing — as long as we as an organization are dedicated to the pursuit of helping people with respect to their values, I’m all in.

I’ve been in the schooling world a long time, but as much as I love it, it’s nearly time I move on to the working world. My internships, volunteerships, and stints of employment have been beautiful opportunities for me to explore how to appreciate different work environments while finding what is truly meaningful to me, but they they’ve all been a bit short-lived. Looking forward, I’m excited to put my training, in-and-out of the classroom, to good use in a longer and more sustained way.

George

Using both sides of the brain since 1989