Megan Christenson

Dual Master of Arts in International Business Administration and International Environmental Policy Studies

IBP Assignment: Monterey Mushrooms – Monterey, CAHello!  I am a Chicago native, and completed my undergraduate degree at the University of Illinois Urbana – Champaign with a double major in Spanish and International Studies.  During my studies at Illinois I was able to spend two semesters abroad in Quito, Ecuador and Vienna, Austria.  These two experiences solidified my interests in an international career.  After working for a short time in small business development, I realized that a more specialized graduate degree would provide me with the required skills and knowledge to truly jumpstart my career in international business.  At MIIS, I have focused my studies in sustainable business solutions and emerging markets.  In fact, this Fall I will be participating in the Frontier Market Scouts Program performing a feasibility study for a small business incubator in the Amazon region of Ecuador!

Working on the Monterey Mushrooms International Business Plan has been an amazing experience.  We were tasked with a supply chain optimization problem that has been as educational as it has been challenging.  In addition to refining our business skills, we have learned so much more in terms of project planning, client relationship management, and what it takes to truly be a successful international business.  My team and I are grateful to have worked with such wonderful clients and MIIS faculty.