Michael Cutino

Master of Arts in International Business Administration and International Environmental Policy

IBP Assignment: John Muir Geotourism Center – Coulterville, CA

I was raised by a blue collar family in the suburbs of Detroit, MI.  I earned my undergraduate degrees at Central Michigan University in Political Science (International Relations and Comparative Politics) and Philosophy (Ethics and Moral Theory).  During that time I developed a personal passion for environmentalism and followed it here to Monterey, California, where I will receive a dual-Master’s degree with an MBA and an MA in International Environmental Policy.  I hope to find a career in corporate sustainability in order to help the world’s largest and most powerful organizations contribute to the betterment of our planet’s ecological status while remaining financially viable.  My next step from Monterey will be moving to Portland, Oregon, where I plan to find work and begin an entrepreneurial venture for myself with the hope of starting a family.

While at the Monterey Institute, Michael, along with a team of five MBA students, conducted an International Business Plan in the field of Geotourism.  He completed his IBP assignment for the Graf-Pulvino Charitable Fund, the Sierra Business Council, and the Sierra Foothill Conservancy in Coulterville, CA.