Institute of International Education: Core Competancy Mapping, Logical Frameworks and Organizational Network Analysis

Alyssa Geiger

The Institute of International Education is an independent, non-profit organization and is among the world’s largest and most experienced international education and training organizations, serving as a resource for educators and institutions worldwide. IIE “fosters mutual understanding, develops global leaders, and protects academic freedom worldwide through educational exchange and training programs that advance the vision of Opening Minds to the World.® For my DPMI Practicum and Educational Services Intern for the Foreign Fulbright program,  I helped a team of five administer a program that delivers more than 1,800 Foreign Fellows each year as part of America’s public-diplomacy efforts that gives participants insight into U.S. society and values, and develops leaders.

For my presentation, I will show how I applied some of the tools that I learned from my Development Project Management Institute training, such as Core Competency Mapping, Logical Frameworks and Organizational Network Analysis, to analyze the Foreign Fulbright Student Program, as well as the flow of communication within a Partner Organization’s Network.  I talk about the processes I went through in working on these projects, as well as some of my key findings and takeaways.