About Me

IMG_0273Hello everyone and welcome to my wordpress site. I am a recent graduate from the Middlebury Institute of International Studies (MIIS) at Monterey am now living in Portland, Oregon. I received my Master of Arts in International Education Management in December 2015. I am originally from Fort Collins, CO and earned my Bachelors of Science from Colorado State University in Global Recreation and Tourism with minors in Spanish and Business Administration.

I have spent the past several years working as an English teacher and leading international programs all around the globe. My main regional focus is Latin America, however I was fortunate enough to lead two programs in South Africa before coming to graduate school. Leading international programs and teaching English, and working in the immersive learning department at MIIS has taught me a lot about having an open mind and the importance of building relationships. I look forward to continue working in an international context and meeting all of the challenges that come with it!

I am passionate about international education and experiential learning. I believe that international learning promotes peace through increased cultural understanding and interaction. I truly believe in the powerful impact that a study abroad experience can have on ones perspective of the world and on themselves and have personally studied in Spain, Costa Rica, and Mexico. I think back on these experiences and the way they have impacted my life and know that I would not be the person I am today without those memories. My goals for the future include designing and coordinating international programs for U.S. college students going abroad as well as helping international students arriving to the U.S. to get the most out of their education and life.